Proper foot care prolongs mobility and independence. Our specially trained registered nurses provide foot care in 8 different community clinics, or in long-term care facilities. Our target audience is clients with decreased vision, diabetes, arthritis, circulation problems and other conditions affecting foot health and care.
Assessment of foot health and related conditions by a registered nurse with special training in foot care.
Our specially trained registered nurses provide foot care including:
· Assessment including monofilament testing
· Clipping and filing of toe nails
· Treatment and care of corns, calluses, ingrown nails, thickened nails
· Preventative foot care for high risk clients with diabetes, arthritis and circulation problems
· Establishment and follow-up of TNP’s
· Referral to doctors, podiatrists or other health professionals as necessary
· Health teaching
Notes:The nurse cannot treat open wounds or apply medications without a doctor’s order.
The nurse does not use “reflexology” or perform the tasks of an esthetician (i.e. nail polish application).
COMMUNITY FOOT CLINIC LOCATIONS:
Beaurepaire United Church, 25 Fieldfare Ave, Beaconsfield
Canvin Manor Kirkland, 2 Canvin, Kirkland
Manoir Roger Bernard, 14103 Anselme Lavigne, Pierrefonds
Edwin Crawford Residence, 35 Maywood Ave, Pointe-Claire
Apartment L'Esterel, 30 Vermont Ave, Pointe-Claire
Villa St. Louis, 117 Cartier Ave, Pointe-Claire
Royal Canadian Legion, 28 Ste Anne, Ste-Anne-de-Bellevue
Wellesley Residence (residents only)
Cost: $30.00 BY APPOINTMENT ONLY ($35.00 first visit)
For information, clinic contacts, home foot care appointments please call: 514-695-8335.